Thursday, April 30, 2009

Twitter

This semester I had very little experience with Twitter. However, from what I have learned about it recently, I can see a few ways in which it would be beneficial as well as detrimental in the class. As a teacher, it would be easy to upload addendums to assignments for example and have my students be able to access it quickly. Twitter would be an ideal tool for small updates to various classroom activities.

There are several negatives as well. I feel that with these addendums, students would ask their friends about the assignment rather than seek it out themselves and therefore have an excuse if the directions get distorted. Secondly with our current situation with the swine flu, information travels so quickly that oftentimes it is not correct and people become concerned for no reason. Because of these reasons, I don't have a particularly positive reaction to Twitter and don't foresee using it in my classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment