Sunday, March 8, 2009

iTunes University

iTunes University is a terrific program being used by teachers all across the country to distribute digital lectures to their students. Students can use their computers, iPods, or iphones to access lectures and review them at their own pace from wherever they want. Apple offers further details here.

As a teacher, I feel that this would be a terrific tool to share with my students. Not only can I access lectures from other teachers to perhaps refresh my memory, but I can also share these lectures with my students in the classroom even if they don't have access to iPods. Students will be able to learn the material from another perspective and perhaps glean some information they weren't able to in my classroom.

This is just another terrific opportunity that technology has given us to share information with students and faculty around the globe. Students can benefit from learning at their own pace and having access to lectures 24 hours a day, learning when they want to rather than when society wants them to.

No comments:

Post a Comment