Sunday, February 15, 2009

EDM 310 Podcasts

The first podcast that I listened to was entitled "Facebook as an Educational Tool?". It was structured in the typical question and answer format. Theola Hines and Larrica Smith use the podcast to discuss the potential educational benefit of facebook. One of the first things that I would improve about the blog would be to have information I planned to use readily available, such as names or other facts. I feel that without Dr. Strange's guidance bringing focus to the podcast, the two students would have lost steam long before their time limit would have been up.

The second podcast "My Classes at South: How is Technology Used in Them?" seemed a little better structured than the first. There was more of a discussion format rather than the traditional question and answer format and I felt that, that helped the discussion flow a bit better. Matthew Cline and Jill Ravette also seemed to have their information a little more readily available. My biggest criticism would be that the podcast seemed to end rather suddenly, with no sense of it drawing to an appropriate conclusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment